Fitness Pro Marco Borges
Switch4Good Podcast • 1h 24m
“Hope and pray is not a plan. We must examine our own habits and change them to lead us to the success that we want.” - Marco Borges
Marco Borges brings inspiration and passion to the podcast as he tells us about his own personal healthy habits, practices, and philosophies while encouraging us to create our own.
Based in Miami with his wife and four kids, Marco leads a life of example and follows a plant-based diet and lifestyle. Over the past twenty years, Marco has worked with some of the world’s more well-known celebrities, guiding them to live plant-based as well.
Having studied physiology and biology, he is a well-balanced nutritionist, personal trainer, and coach. He created the groundbreaking “22 Greenprint Laws” which teaches folks how to eat, exercise, and live in a way that is sustainable for them and the planet.
On today’s show we learned about how life changed for Marco during the pandemic, his approach to guiding people into plant-based diets, why examining our own personal habits is important, and how to find our “why” the fuels important change in our lives. He has a can-do and optimistic attitude that can often be rare in today’s world, so you’ll leave this episode feeling energized and ready to make necessary changes in your own life!
✅ What we discuss in this episode:
- Alexandra talks about how she made a mistake when talking about the history of indigenous lands in a previous podcast episode
- Dotsie asks guests to join her on a 22 day journey to rework her relationship with wine
- Good news Marcos received during the pandemic and how his life changed during the past two years
- How he instructs people to wade into a plant-based diet when it seems very overwhelming to them
- Why he ended up living a plant-based life and wanting to help others live happy and healthier
- How his Cuban family reacted to his decision to go 100% plant-based and peruse personal training instead of being a doctor
- Why examining our own personal habits can help lead us to the success that we want
- How every meal is a chance to choose health or disease
- How food addiction starts and continues
- The importance of bouncing back from mistakes and changing our habits
- How to find our “why” that can motivate us to change our lives
- Connect with 22 Days Nutrition - https://mealplanner.22daysnutrition.com
- Use code SWITCH for 25% off your order at MaxinesHeavenly.com
- Purality B12 Deal: https://puralityhealth.com/liposomal-..
Up Next in Switch4Good Podcast
Badass Vegan John Lewis
As a well renowned fitness expert, John Lewis has spent over a decade in the health and fitness industry and played Division I College basketball. John is highly passionate about not only his own health and fitness, but that of others as well… Which are evident through his motivational messages e...
The Invisible Vegan Appears!
The woman who brought us The Invisible Vegan looks at veganism and race, food justice, the myth of traditional foods... and so much more!
Just “Jas” to her friends — she is unapologetically an artist. With a Bachelor of Arts in TV, Film and Media and a Master of Fine Arts in screenwriting, she...
Trust Your Gut With Jason Wrobel
Yes, a vegan diet can improve your mood because your gut microbiome has a huge role in determining your serotonin levels which impact your mood. And, we're just getting started. Each unprocessed fruits, veggies, nuts and grains for a week or so and see if you get a new bounce to your step.